Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Day

Our Easter dinner at Lila and Marcus home was a great occasion, everyone except three relatives that were invited showed up. The idea of the dinner was made by my sister Pam and if you knew her you would know why it was special to all of us. She choose the menu which consisted of sea food items and soul food, and guess what, it worked! We had sea food boil, which consisted of shrimp, crab meat, sausage, potatoes,corn and some type of hot as the dickens seasoning (it tasted good but was too hot for me), fried fish that was done by Ashaunda( I had a taste or two while they were talking)collard greens cooked with seasoned neck bones and fatback ( I had to taste that in order to make they were seasoned just right), a very tasty ham, ( so what if I got a small slice) mac and cheese ( I had to taste that to make sure it was not dry),  hot cornbread (that I ate a piece of when no one was looking) mixed salad with an assortment of mixed lettuce and tomatoes and of course different types of dressings for the salad (had to make sure the lettuce and spinach mixed well together), for dessert we had a pound cake (which I took just a little slice in case it did not taste good) cupcakes ( the icing was good), a delicious banana pudding which is a speciality of Marquita ( I had to taste the pudding part)and ended with an assortment of edible fruit kabobs that was arranged so beautifully and designed by Menique and her baby son Karter ( all the fruits were sweet), When we sat down to eat I was already full, We also had a variety of soft drinks ( which I did not taste, afer all I am on a diet), it was hard but all I drank was water. Pam had several Easter baskets decorated for the little angles. We all had a good time and  the little angles had their Easter egg hunt and had fun looking for the eggs. This will be our last Easter for a while with the family, for once we did not go for Easter sunday services.

No comments:

Post a Comment